We’ve amassed a list of the best sweaters to get you through any cold snap: From turtlenecks to crewnecks, these will get you through the coldest months of the year, promise.
1. Fisherman This classic Irish sweater has been around for generations (both the 525 America and ASOS Aran Sweater pictured above will never, ever go out of style), and promises to wick away any moisture hence the popularity amongst men at sea. We'd wear this topper over plaid trousers and under a sharp blazer as a modern day homage to our favorite childhood Gorton's Fish Sticks snack.
2. Turtleneck Though they may seem like a tough thing to wear, if you keep far away from the skin tight kind and instead look for a baggy cut and thick fabric, turtlenecks are as easy to style as your favorite T-shirt. One of these, from Tibi and La Garconne, can replace a scarf and a jacket (just wear a wind-resistant long-sleeve underneath).
3. Dolman Sleeve The coziest of the bunch, this wide-cut variety will taunt you from the closet while you’re wearing more restrictive items. But don't let the comfortabilty factor fool you: These fun pink and gray dolman sleeve sweaters can pass as fancier top thanks to their interesting shapez. They'll look great over a slim-fit pencil skirt at work.
4. Open Knit Built-in holes may not make open-knits the warmest option, but sometimes practicality just doesn’t have a place when picking out an outfit to wear. We love the sporty, classic vibe of this Kenneth Cole sweater, and love the look when a little bit of mesh-y fabric is peeking out from underneath jacket cuffs (especially when it's this periwinkle Vanessa Bruno number).
5. Crewneck As if we gals weren’t stealing enough from the boys this season (loafers, coats, button-ups), we’re dipping into their stash of sweaters, too. These athletic crewneck versions from A.P.C. and Zara layer like a dream. Throw it on over a chambray shirt and roll up the sleeves for an insta-outfit.
6. Hoodie Don’t reserve these just for the gym: Some day, during an impromptu snowstrom or downpour, this Rodarte or Swell hoodie will be your best friend.
article via StyleBistro